This website is owned and operated by ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
The information that we may collect from or about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us, for example, your contact information and account information
- Information that we collect through your use of the Site, for example, data collected by the servers used to operate the Site (e.g., IP addresses), data collected by cookies, and data collected by analytics services
Information that You Voluntarily Provide to Us
To register for an online account you will need to submit your nameâ€š billing addressâ€š shipping addressâ€š and phone number. If you provide your mobile or other telephone number to us, you consent to receiving phone calls from us at that telephone number as described below.
Purchases of products must be made by credit card or purchase order. All credit and purchase order information is provided directly to our PCI-compliant third-party payment processor. ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH does not directly access or handle your credit card information. To make a purchase, you will need to submit your name and your credit card or purchase order, number, expiration date, security code, billing address, shipping address, Company name and phone number. We will maintain a record of the purchases that you make using the Site.
Information We Collect When You Opt In to Marketing Communications
If you sign up or otherwise opt in to receive promotions from us, you will need to submit your name and email address. We will use this information to provide you with promotional and other electronic communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the applicable email. We may use third-party email providers to deliver these communications to you.
Information that We Collect Through Your Use of the Site
- Operationally necessary.
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. For example, these cookies are required to identify irregular Site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security. They also allow users of the Site to make use of its functions, for example, shopping carts, saved search, and similar functions. Without these cookies, services that you have requested cannot be provided.
- Functionality related.
These cookies allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using the Site. This may include to remembering choices you make, for example and as applicable, remembering your username, preferences, or settings, remembering if you reacted to something on or through the Site so that you are not asked to do it again, remembering if you have used any feature of the Site before, restricting the number of times you are shown a particular advertisement, remembering your location, and enabling social media components. As described above, you may disable functional cookies, but if you do so then various functions of the Site may be unavailable to you or may not work the way you want them to.
- Performance related. These cookies assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how visitors use and interact with the Site, for example, which pages on our Site users visit most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language, country, or region). These cookies help us improve the way our Site works and provide a better, personalized user experience. Some of our performance-related cookies are managed for us by third parties. However, we donâ€™t allow those third parties to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
- Advertising or targeted related. These cookies record your visits to the Site, the pages you have visited on our Site, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a particular website. ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH and its third-party advertising platforms or networks may use this information to make the Site, its content, and advertisements displayed on our Site more relevant to your interests (this is sometimes called â€śbehavioralâ€ť or â€śtargetedâ€ť advertising and is further discussed below). These types of cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
We may access your location with your consent in order to enhance your user experience and increase the usefulness of the Site. You may choose to allow us to access your location by granting the Site access to your location when prompted by the Site or through your deviceâ€™s location services settings. ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH may use various technologies to access your location, including IP addresses.
IP Addresses and Related Data
When you visit or use the Site, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (â€śEEAâ€ť), this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the servers used to operate the Site may receive and store certain types of data pertaining to the equipment, software, and communication methods you use to access the Internet and our Site. This information is used to administer the Site and its serversâ€š to help us evaluate use of our Siteâ€š to monitor and analyze Site traffic and usage patterns, to monitor and prevent fraud, to investigate complaints and violations of our policies, to improve Site content, to generate statistical information, and to support our Site analytics and marketing campaigns. Examples of these types of data include but are not limited to Internet protocol (IP) addresses assigned to your computer, your Internet service provider (ISP), your operating system, your browser type, your approximate geographic location, the pages you access on the Site, the websites you access before and after visiting the Site, the length of time you spend on the Site, date and time stamps, and clickstream data. We may combine this information with other Collected Information (including other personal information), and information obtained from third parties for security reasons. The suppliers that we use to provide the Site may collect information about your visits to the Site and other websites. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies as explained above under â€śCookies.â€ť
How We Use Collected Information
- We use Collected Information for the purpose for which it was collected and to communicate with you.
- We aggregate Collected Information to create aggregate data on Site users.
- We use Collected Information to evaluate and improve the Site.
- We use Collected Information in connection with legal proceedings and to protect our rights.
ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH uses personal information and other Collected Information for the purpose for which it has been collected, including to offer and provide our products and services to you, to communicate with you in connection with your online ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH account, to provide you with information and communications that you request, and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillmentâ€š internal business processesâ€š marketingâ€š authenticationâ€š loss and fraud preventionâ€š public safety and legal functions. In accordance with your preferences, your location information will be used to update product pricing, availability, regional promotions and language support.
Communication with You
We may use Collected Information to notify you of changes made to the Site if you sign up or otherwise opt in to receive promotions from us, to send you promotional materials and other communications as described above. If you provide us with your phone number, we may call you at that phone number with regards to orders you place through the Site or with regards to any feedback that you submit. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the applicable email or by contacting us using the contact information provided below under â€śContact Us.â€ť
Site Evaluation and Improvement
We may use Collected Information: to analyze, develop, and improve the content, materials, products, and services that we make available through the Site and the Siteâ€™s functionality; to inform marketing and communication plans and strategies; to evaluate user needs and customize Site content, promotional emails, and your browsing experience; and for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Legal Requirementsâ€š Safetyâ€š and Loss Prevention
ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH may use your personal information and other Collected Information in other special circumstances to the extent permitted by applicable law, for exampleâ€š to protect or defend the legal rightsâ€š property or operations of ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH or our employees or agents; to protect the rightsâ€š privacyâ€š safety or security of Site usersâ€š members or others; to protect against fraud; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may aggregate personal information and other Collected Information to create aggregate data on Site users, which describes users as a group but does not reveal the identity of individual users. We may use aggregate data to understand Site usersâ€™ needs, to determine Site user demographics and usage patterns, to determine what kinds of products and services we can provide, and to improve and enrich our products, services, and the Site.
How We Share Collected Information
We describe above some specific ways that we share your data. However, unless you give us your permission, we generally will not share your personal information with third parties except as described below.
We may choose to buy or sell assets from time to time. We may share Collected Information in connection with the evaluation of those transactions. We may transfer Collected Information if we enter into those transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control or reorganization, personal information and other Collected Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Third-Party Suppliers and Consultants
To Protect ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH and Others
We may share your personal information with law enforcement, regulatory authorities, courts with competent jurisdictions, emergency services, and other necessary third parties for legal, protection, security, and safety purposes, including: (a) to comply with laws or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests and legal process; (b) to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed; (c) to protect the rights and property of ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH, its agents and customers, and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms and to protect our network and physical assets; and (d) to protect the safety of our employees, agents, and customers, and any other person.
With Your Consent
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided further below provided below under â€śContact Us.â€ť
Access by Children
This Site is a general audience website and is not directed at children under 16 years of age. ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 16 through the Site. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us through the Site, please contact us and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information
With regard to personal information collected using Google Analytics as discussed above, that information will be retained for 26 months after your last activity on the Site.
For personal information that we process on behalf of our customers, we will retain that personal information in accordance with the terms of our agreement with them, subject to applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by visiting your ATG-Biosynthetics GmbH account or use the contact information provided below under â€śContact Us.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to the processing of your personal information, you can ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, and you can request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact information provided below under â€śContact Us.
- You have the right to opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the â€śunsubscribeâ€ť or â€śopt outâ€ť link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt out of other forms of marketing, such as postal marketing or telemarketing, if applicable, then please contact us using the contact information provided below under â€śContact Us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- If you are a resident of France, you may also provide us with instructions regarding the manner in which we may continue to store, erase, and share your information after your death, and, where applicable, the person you have designated to exercise these rights after your death.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information please contact your local data protection authority. Contact information for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland, and certain non-European countries (including the United States and Canada) are available here.
- For details on how to manage your preferences for cookies and tracking technologies within your web browser, please read the information provided above under "Cookies."
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise
their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection
or by mail using this contact information:
phone +49 (0)761-8889424
Last Updated: May 16, 2018